29 Jan 2009

Playtime....

Still not much going on yet with the glass...very slow start to the year but lots of planning! Few exhibitions coming up but mostly working on the new series of work.

Hannah McAndrew and I spent a day having a go at each others medium. So I tried slipware decoration and sgraffito for the first time and Hannah had a go at cameo engraving glass. It's a start and I think we will continue and see what develops. Hannah made me such a beautiful jug to decorate....see the vid...I mucked up the wonderful handle and didn't really have any well thought plans on decoration but just had fun with my 'cactus fork' theme. Hannah sent me home with a dish and some more tiles to work on. I really enjoyed how peaceful and easy on the hands the decorating is but understand the rest of potting is pretty tough work.

The pieces Hannah worked on will be slumped into vessels and for me it's an experiment to see what happens when the engraving is stretched.









....I know millions of you are not waiting to comment on this blog but somehow in my re-design i disabled the commenting but it's back now (i hope) so feel free!...

4 comments:

Gill said...

What a great idea, to swap mediums for the day! Love that jug with the cactus design.

ang said...

h i amanda what a truly excellent idea.. and well executed too, lovely deco and lovely jug H.. can't wait to see the engraving results..

Phil McMenemy said...

Totally bitchin' idea - a bit of a job swap thang. Do you know any poets??
Love
Phil

Doug Fitch said...

Ha, I tried and couldn't so glad it's back! Great collaborative project - it all looks wonderful