21 Apr 2009

Finally feels like Spring


.....if not summer (the last few days have been beautiful up here in the Galloway hills). Above is a new wall hanging 'Mint Lupin', soon to be on show at the Red Barn Gallery nr Penrith

These wee guys are lurking in the studio, waiting to be finished....a new colour range of vessels 'Sweet pea' (one of the flowers I struggled with last summer in the garden, but will persevere this year as I love them...reminding me of long hot summers in my grandads garden in Kent).

In the garden at the moment....


....and finally, my first ever pavlova. Never tried meringue before, I'm sure there is a knack to them in the Aga but this turned out a little chewy...still tasty though with vanilla and lemon cream. Made to celebrate a bit of good news but more about that later.....



1 comment:

ang said...

love the green bits...chewy pav is the best...never made one myself either...