6 Sep 2009

Engraved bowls at The CatStrand







These bowls are a new direction for me, still familiar forms but using glass powder on clear sheet glass instead of layers of sheet glass. This has created a much more subtle use of colour and gradual shading. On a more practical level, glass powders are physically easier to engrave through and lighter to handle for me at the lathe.
I'm now on the home stretch to Origin and have started to build stock for the show, as always this is such a long proces before I get finished pieces. I've finally come to terms that Summer has ended here for 2009, so out with the wooly hat and thermals, patiently waiting for the Winter hibernation.

3 comments:

ang said...

they're stunners AJ.. saw one of your lovely glass boxes at dougs place...ooh yum...

Adan said...

Are those beautiful glass bowls are made by you? If yes then i must appreciate your work.Simply superb.

Gordon Watt said...

Hey Amanda - just a quick note to wish you all the best at Origin? Sure it'll go really well - just enjoy it!

Are you going to the SGS AGM and Migrate Conference in Edinburgh late next month? I've just signed up - be good to talk glass with folk again...