From CEO website about the day:
A relaxed and informal one-day workshop specifically developed for designers and makers of textiles, accessories, jewellery, interiors, ceramics and leatherwork. It will include:
- Presentations on market, retail, colour, design and fashion trends
- An introduction to trend resources and ongoing business support
- Practical exercises to analyse the influences and inspirations relevant to your business
- An opportunity to ask questions and meet your peers
The event will be delivered by Fiona Pilgrim, Professional Development Manager and Fiona Chautard, Specialist Fashion and Textiles Adviser and independent trends and retail consultant. They will be joined by a local designer who will share their experience of the influence of trends on their business development.
What You'll Get Out of It
- Fresh inspiration
- An understanding of the relevance of current market trends to your work and customers
- An understanding of where your products stand in a wider market context
- Encouragement to update and innovate your product range for relevant changing market trends
- Ideas on how to extend the value of existing designs and maximize potential sales
- Insight into how to develop coherence across your range and strengthen your brand signature
Then fly off the next day to Linz in Austria for my second kilnformed glass vessel course with Creative Glass.
Just noticed the UK course dates are now advertised...Rochester 21/23 October see here for more details.